What will my child learn at SPARK?
The foundation of the program is learning through play and exploration. Children will discover letters, numbers, science and music through fun, hands-on activities. Your child will learn to listen to instructions and follow them, learn self-help skills, fine motor skills (hold a pencil, cut with scissors), and learn how to socialize, get along with other children, and self-regulate. The focus of the program is on fostering curiosity and a life-long love of learning. We use the Second Step program to teach self-regulation and executive-function skills that help children learn to manage their feelings, make friends and solve problems.
Why should I choose SPARK for my child?
There will be a maximum of 16 children in the class. With an approximate 5:1 ratio (two RECE teachers and one duty person), we provide small group activities that will help your child acquire beginning reading, writing, math and inquiry skills. We teach to the individual needs of your child. SPARK is a solid stepping stone for your child as he or she prepares to enter kindergarten.
Program Details for 2020/2021
- Open to children born in 2016 and 2017.
- Children should be toilet trained or nearing the end of their toilet-training journey.
- 3 day (Tuesday-Thursday) or 4 day (Monday-Thursday) options are available
- Classes run from 12:25 to 3:10 PM
- Spark monthly fees:
- 3 day option: duty $190/month or Non-duty $265/month.
- 4 day option: duty $240/month or Non-duty $335/month.
*Note that siblings cannot be brought along during your duty shift.