What will my child learn at SPARK?
The foundation of the program is learning through play and exploration. Children will discover letters, numbers, science and music through fun, hands-on activities. Your child will learn to listen to instructions and follow them, learn self-help skills, fine motor skills (hold a pencil, cut with scissors), and learn how to socialize, get along with other children, and self-regulate. The focus of the program is on fostering curiosity and a life-long love of learning. We use the Second Step program to teach self-regulation and executive-function skills that help children learn to manage their feelings, make friends and solve problems.
Why should I choose SPARK for my child?
For 2022/2023, there will be a maximum of 16 children in the class and up to 3 RECE teachers.
This program normally operates with an approximate 4:1 ratio. We provide small group activities that will help your child acquire beginning reading, writing, math and inquiry skills. We teach to the individual needs of your child. SPARK is a solid stepping stone for your child as they prepare to enter kindergarten.
Program Details for 2022/2023
- Open to children born in 2018 and 2019.
- Children should be toilet trained or nearing the end of their toilet-training journey.
- 3 DAY option (Tuesday-Thursday) with up to 8 spots available.
- 4 DAY option (Monday-Thursday) with up to 8 spots available.
- NEW 5 DAY option (Monday-Thursday afternoons, Friday mornings) with up to 8 spots available. This option is dependent on enrollment.
- Tuesday-Thursday is a mix of the 3, 4, and 5 DAY students for a total of 16 children.
- Classes run from 12:25PM to 3:10 PM Monday-Thursday and from 9:10AM to 11:55AM Friday mornings.
- A nutritious snack is included in every class.
- 3 DAY option: $275/month.
- 4 DAY option: $345/month.
- 5 DAY option: $415/month.