What will my child learn at SPARK?
The foundation of the program is learning through play and exploration. Children will discover letters, numbers, science and music through fun, hands-on activities. Your child will learn to listen to instructions and follow them, learn self-help skills, fine motor skills (hold a pencil, cut with scissors), and learn how to socialize, get along with other children, and self-regulate. The focus of the program is on fostering curiosity and a life-long love of learning. We use the Second Step program to teach self-regulation and executive-function skills that help children learn to manage their feelings, make friends and solve problems.
Why should I choose SPARK for my child?
For 2022/2023, there will be a maximum of 16 children in the class and up to 3 RECE teachers.
This program normally operates with an approximate 4:1 ratio (three teachers and one duty person). We provide small group activities that will help your child acquire beginning reading, writing, math and inquiry skills. We teach to the individual needs of your child. SPARK is a solid stepping stone for your child as they prepare to enter kindergarten.
Program Details for 2022/2023
- Open to children born in 2018 and 2019.
- Children should be toilet trained or nearing the end of their toilet-training journey.
- 3 DAY option (Tuesday-Thursday) with up to 8 spots available.
- 4 DAY option (Monday-Thursday) with up to 8 spots available.
- NEW 5 DAY option (Monday-Thursday afternoons, Friday mornings) with up to 8 spots available. This option is dependent on enrollment.
- Tuesday-Thursday is a mix of the 3, 4, and 5 DAY students for a total of 16 children.
- Classes run from 12:25PM to 3:10 PM Monday-Thursday and from 9:10AM to 11:55AM Friday mornings.
- A nutritious snack is included in every class.
- 3 DAY option: Duty $200/month or Non-Duty $275/month.
- 4 DAY option: Duty $245/month or Non-Duty $345/month.
- 5 DAY option: Duty $290/month or Non-Duty $415/month.
*When duty shifts occur, siblings cannot be brought along.