What will my child learn in the morning preschool program?
This program focuses on socialization and play. The preschool years are a critical time for children to learn skills such as compromise, respect, negotiation, problem-solving, empathy and self-regulation. Play nourishes every aspect of the child’s development, and paves the way for learning. It forms the foundation of intellectual, social, physical and emotional skills necessary for success in school and in life. The curriculum includes opportunities to strengthen fine and gross motor skills, sensory and science opportunities, language, math, creative art and dramatic play.
Why should I choose the morning preschool program for my child?
For 2021/2022, there will be a maximum of 12 children in the class and 3 RECE teachers. No parents or other volunteers will be permitted.
This program normally operates with an approximate ratio of 5:1 (two RECE teachers and one to two duty people). We provide a fun, engaging and safe play-based program. Children benefit by receiving support and encouragement from both teachers and parents in the classroom. Toilet training is made much easier with our child-friendly washroom directly adjacent to the classroom.
Program Details for 2021/2022
- Geared toward children 2½ to 4 years old (birth date between September 2017 and March 2019).
- 2 “young” spots for children between 2 and 2½ years old (birth date between March and September 2019).
- Children are not required to be toilet trained.
- Classes run Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:10 to 11:40 AM.
- A nutritious snack is included in every class.
- Non-duty fee: $260/month
- Duty fee: $170/month
*When duty shifts occur, siblings cannot be brought along.